Obesity and excessive weight gain are medically not advisable as they bring about unhealthy complications of the natural working process of the body.
Quite Noticeably, Most ladies are enamored by the concept of pregnancy and everything that concerns it. Some go as far as seeking more knowledge about all the nitty-gritty involved in it, both from the prenatal phase to the ante-natal phase and the post-natal phase.
Most aspiring mothers and mothers are curious about discovering a means to maintain a healthy-looking body devoid of obesity or awkward weight gain during breastfeeding in the post-natal phase.
Naturally, the female body tends to gain weight after childbirth, and one of the ways of achieving weight loss while breastfeeding is by taking weight loss products safe while breastfeeding.
Quite a plethora of questions will pop into your mind but ponder not, as this write-up seeks to answer some questions as regards Weight loss while breastfeeding.
What weight loss supplement can I take while breastfeeding?
Here we go! On a journey to weight loss? Well, here are some of the best weight loss supplements you can take to achieve your dream of having a beautiful and attractive-looking body during breastfeeding.
- Probioslim: This is a safe and healthy supplement for nursing mothers. It is composed of natural elements that make one shed few pounds and improve digestion, give more energy, and rejuvenate the body to feel and look more healthy.
- Skinny Fiber: This supplement is amongst the best weight loss product for nursing moms. It performs its functions by first reducing the cravings of food by a lactating mother. Hence, it is a hunger suppressant. It is a natural supplement that will make you lose fat fast. It offers good sources of nutrients such as vitamins and more, which are good for the body and boost your energy levels.
- Redotex: This is also amongst the best supplement for nursing mothers, not just by mere saying, but because the entire composition of this supplement is beneficial to the body and works efficiently in the weight loss process of a lactating mother. It is also safe and natural.
- Plexus Block: It is composed of natural plant extracts that are safe for consumption for weight loss. It effectively controls the blood sugar level found in the body and is notably amongst the best weight loss supplement available.
- Milk Dust: This unique supplement is composed of substances such as vitamins, minerals, and more that are very beneficial to the health of both the mother and baby. Consuming is a natural way to losing weight as it reduces to a minimal level the cravings of sugar substances that will increase blood sugar. In addition, it is completely devoid of caffeine and stimulants.
The reaction by certain nursing mothers to the above supplement varies as some could have allergies or underlying health conditions that might stifle the supplement’s efficiency. A word of caution: Avoid any supplement that contains ephedra. Any supplement that is composed of it is not safe for consumption. Also, it is pertinent and advisable that you visit a physician for expert analysis of your body type to prescribe a supplement that will be safe, healthy, and beneficial to your goal of losing weight.
Weight loss products safe while breastfeeding?
Quite frankly, not all weight loss products are safe while breastfeeding. There are some pertinent questions a nursing mother needs to consider before consuming supplements for weight loss.
- The first and most important is; will this supplement affect my baby?
- Will it affect my breast milk?
- What will be the effect on my body?
For the first question, let’s State categorically that at the moment, there are little shreds of evidence that prove an adverse effect of weight loss supplements on a baby. But, it should be noted that chemicals consumed while taking weight loss supplements are transferred to the body’s bloodstream, and from there on, they can be transferred to the breast milk, and if these chemicals are termed unsafe, this might affect not just your breast milk but also to your child. The ephedra substance has been banned in most countries globally as it is a deadly substance found in some supplements that pose a serious threat to whoever consumes it, and your baby might start having health challenges. Also, avoid supplements in which there are traces of stimulants or caffeine as part of the ingredients. Having such poses a big threat to the life of the child. In essence, avoid all substances that you are not sure of their composition. It is advisable to seek the expertise of an obstetrician to find out the most suitable healthy way to achieve weight loss.
As for the other two questions, the answers are quite simple. If all necessary precautions are observed then, there will be no adverse reaction to this health supplement.
Can you take a weight loss supplement while breastfeeding?
Yes, of course, you can. You can consume weight loss supplements while breastfeeding. Weight loss is a frequent thought that pops into a lady’s mind during the postpartum stage. It is safe to consume weight loss supplements during and after your postpartum period, as losing weight gained during pregnancy takes a minimum of six months. As such, the supplement can effectively return you to your beautiful, attractive self. Weight loss supplement comprises essential vitamins and minerals, so asides from being made for weight loss, they can serve other purposes that are of great essence to the body.
Safe weight loss supplement for breastfeeding
We can never overemphasize the importance of being safe health-wise. It is important to consume a natural supplement that is safe for your health. However, the reaction varies amongst individuals based on allergies and more. It is paramount that you consume substances that are not detrimental to your health. Avoid over-the-counter supplements. Most of the supplements gotten through such sources contain certain substances that are either harmful to you or harmful to your baby. They could alter your baby’s sleeping and feeding pattern, bring about neurological deficiency, allergies, and more.
While trying to lose weight by taking a supplement and cutting down on your diet, it is pertinent to know that the minimum number of calories expected for a nursing mother to consume in a day is 1,800 calories. A weight loss supplement is safe if it is devoid of caffeine, stimulants, and synthetic replication of vitamins.
Is the secretion of milk affected while taking a weight loss supplement?
Not at all! Taking a safe supplement that is medically certified for lactating moms does not affect breast milk production. There is quite a lot of weight loss supplement available in the market sphere that are safe and healthy and have no effect on the secretion of milk neither do they act as a catalyst in the production of more milk by a lactating mother.
It is pointless to be consuming weight loss supplements without considering other important factors like dieting and exercise. The supplement makes its bid, but you need to avoid fatty foods to have a healthy, glowing, smoking, and hot body. More so, avoid foods that are rich in content that will hinder or slow down your metabolic process. Naturally, breastfeeding leads to massive loss of weight. As such, the essence of dieting cannot be overlooked, as while losing weight, you will need to eat a healthy diet that will be beneficial to both you and your baby.
In summary, aside from consuming weight loss supplements, which is part of the best means of shedding a couple of extra pounds, other things need to be done to make weight loss easier. Consuming supplements without adding anything or trying to change anything might take longer than usual to see the expected result.
Things to consider for a perfect weight loss are
- Exercises: It is good to perform basic exercises such as yoga, jogging, and walking.
- Avoiding skipping meals: skipping meals is not advisable for a lactating mother as she needs enough energy to take care of her baby while multi-tasking properly. As such, sufficient calories should be consumed daily to replenish the body. Eat properly, eat a balanced diet and meet up the expected minimum of daily calories.
- Rest: For sufficient weight loss, it is also essential to rest to rejuvenate the body.
- Always stay hydrated.
The bottom line is, as long as you maintain healthy eating habits and a lifestyle devoid of the consumption of alcohol and other unhealthy stuff, losing weight with the aid of supplements will be achievable. With a safe weight loss supplement for breastfeeding, you are roughly expected in a week to lose between one to two pounds per week.
Also, it is a provable fact that women tend to lose weight while breastfeeding. The only reason weight loss might not be noticed during the breastfeeding phase is if the lady does not consume a sufficient amount of calories per day. Research has shown that a woman who takes weight loss supplements while breastfeeding for about a year will, in years to weigh lighter than those of their female counterparts who didn’t.
Amazon Affiliate Disclaimer
As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. We get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.